2010年8月16日 星期一

Yangzi Explorer

August 16, 2010

My notebook was broken down last Friday. Until now, it is still under intensive care, so I can't write Chinese article tonight without the Q9 input program. It's a bit clumsy to share the Yangzi Three Gorges trip in English, but I'll try and hope you don't mind, too.

I spent four nights on a cruise - Yangzi Explorer. I tried sea cruise before, but didn't find it particularly interesting. The ship was huge with plenty of restaurants, shops, swimming pools, spa ... etc, so it was like a floating hotel surrounded entirely by endless sky and sea. It was good fun on day 1 and day 2, but became rather boring from day 3 onwards. Travelling on a river cruise is so much better because the riverbanks are so close by that I can keep on watching the moving scenic views along the Yangzi River - picturesque mountains, historical pavilions, holy pagodas, muddy pathways, wild animals, busy fishermen ... you name it. The sailing is also much more stable that you can concentrate on reading or even playing mahjong for hours.



Yangzi Explorer is managed by a foreign company - Sanctuary Group. The service standard exceeds most of the five-star hotels in China. The cruise manager is a British. He is always around chatting with the passengers, giving instructions to the crew and most importantly watching our feedbacks. The Chef is a Malaysian specialized in French cooking. Personally, I prefer the western cuisine than Chinese, as I found the Chinese dishes rather spicy and exotic. Overall speaking, the foods were acceptable ... not bad at all.

Yangzi Explorer is the best part of my trip. The remaining wasn't as good ....

沒有留言:

張貼留言